Call us today: 812-232-3504
Aaron Parkins PT DPT is a long term native of Brazil
Indiana, Aaron graduated summa cum laude from Indiana
University Purdue University with a Bachelor's of Science
degrees in 2007. He was then accepted into Indiana
University's School for Health and Rehab Services where
he graduated with his Doctorate in Physical Therapy
in 2010. Aaron practiced physical therapy at a local
hospital outpatient rehabilitation clinic for 4 years prior to joining the Hand and Orthopedic Rehab Clinic as the PT director in the Brazil facility. Aaron specializes in treating the spine and the orthopedic conditions affecting the shoulder, hip and the knee. He has a special interest in managing sports and work related injuries, balance deficits/ gait abnormalities and post traumatic injuries. Aaron is also certified in Functional Capacity evaluations
Ashim Bakshi, MHS, OTR/L, CHT is the clinic director
/ owner. Ashim has over 20 years of experience as a
clinician specializing in the orthopedic rehabilitation of
the upper quadrant involving the shoulder, elbow and
the hand complex. After his Bachelor's Degree in
Occupational Therapy from Delhi University in India,
he completed his Graduate Fellowship in Hand Therapy
and Rehabilitation from Texas Woman’s University and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston in 2002 and his Certification in Hand Therapy (CHT) in 2003. Ashim then continued his education to receive his Masters in Health Science-Occupational Therapy (Orthopedics) from University of Indianapolis. Ashim has presented at local, national and international levels on varying topics involving upper extremity orthopedic rehabilitation.
• Consultant and adjunct faculty at Indiana State University's graduate Occupational Therapy program
• Partner and principal at Advanced Rehab Seminars, providing post graduate level, lab-based continuing education training programs to practicing Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Certified Hand Therapists and Athletic Trainers.
1) Management of Subacromial Impingement-A combination approach using manual therapy and supervised exercises. Advance for Occupational Therapists April 2008
2) Clinical Pearls and Tips. American Society for the Hand Therapists Annual Conference. Phoenix, Arizona.
3) Peripheral Nerve injuries . A Paradigm of Assessment, Differential diagnosis and Treatment for the hand therapist. Annual Meeting American Society for Hand Therapists Boston MA
4) Manual Therapy of the Upper Quadrant. A Primer for the hand therapist. Keynote speaker at the Texas chapter of ASHT. Dallas TX
5) Manual Therapy - An Advanced Level Lab -Based course for the Experienced Therapist.
* San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco CA.
* Accelerated Rehabilitation Clinics, Chicago IL
6) Guest lecturer / speaker at Indiana State University and Indiana University School of Medicine- Terre Haute
7) Paradigm of differential diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of the upper quadrant nerve & orthopedic systems.
* Kaiser Permanante Hospital, San Jose CA
* Physiotherapy Associates, Atlanta GA; Memphis TN.
* Sports and Orthopaedics Specialists .Salt Lake City UT
* Ortho Georgia. Macon GA
* Florence, Italy. Keynote speaker at the Annual Hand Congress.
8 ) Sports medicine for the upper quadrant – with splinting and taping.
* Sutter Healthcare group. San Mateo CA.
* IRG group . Everett WA
9) Comprehensive management of the post surgical arm. Sutter Healthcare System San Jose CA
- Presbyterian Healthcare System - Albuquerque NM
- University of Florida Health - Jacksonville FL
10) Incidence of concomitant disputed neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome with rotator cuff tear and its effect on post-operative management and outcome. - A clinical case report. - Annual Meeting American Society of Shoulder and elbow Therapists / Surgeons. Pinehurst NC
11) Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - Functional Anatomy, assessment and management . Keynote Speaker. American Society of Hand Therapist . California Chapter San Jose CA.
12) Neural Mobilization with myofascial manipulation - Los Angeles CA- Hand Therapy Association of Greater LA, San Jose CA
13) Keynote speaker at the 2016 Annual California Association of Hand Therapy
Certified hand therapists
All referred patients are seen within 48 hours!
Treat the underlying issues to prevent further symptoms.